About Me

My photo
In a former life I was an Event Organiser but am currently studying to be a Primary School Teacher whilst juggling two small children and my husband. We live on a cattle property and it is the best place in the world to see my kids growing up and actively learning about the world around them. Hopefully I will be able to help them do this more successfully when I finish studying.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Royalty Free Music

Another amazing discovery...if I don't make it through this course at least I now know where to go to get free music! I downloaded 'Prelude in C' by J.S.Bach - the note said, 'Good quality recording, calming'. It is very calming and now I need some sleep so I might need something a little more upbeat next time.
This type of technology could be very useful to a teacher who is time poor (and isn't that all of them). It takes no time at all to locate, download and save the music that you need. Much simpler than getting out a CD, finding a CD Player within the school and getting cords organised. This is almost instantaneous.
Royalty free music could be used in the classroom for many different applications - background while students are working, students choose appropriate music for particular actions, music to go with a particular book, music to synchronise to their slideshows or video productions. A great resource...